Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thankful Thursday


The last few days I have been driving myself crazier.

As you know, I am new to blogging. And when I am new to something I like to learn all I can about it. So I have been reading every article I can find with "How-to" and "Blog" in the title.

I now have some of the vocabulary down. SEO, content marketing, h/t, Google Plus. Argh!

Of course, I can't just learn something without letting it fill me with self doubt about what I was doing. I made myself so anxious about writing a post. What if I do something wrong? What if I write something good but post it at the wrong time? What if, what if, what if.

I have joined circles, added people back, followed back, backed over people. No, that last isn't right, but you know what I mean.

And I have decided that the best thing I can do is take that knowledge that I have gained in the last few days and nicely bundle it up and stick it on a shelf in my head. I will do with the blog what I started to do with the blog in the first place. I will write so that you may have some insight into what it's like to be me and I will hope that you enjoy what I share with you. There. I said it.

While I was perusing Facebook today I saw a post that had, instead of Throwback Thursday, a Thankful Thursday. I decided that was a good thing to write about.

I am thankful that my family and friends are healthy and, for the most part, happy. I am grateful that my fourteen year old dog is in good health. He is just the most wonderful dog I could ever ask for. He is going a little deaf and a little blind but we will face that together. My cat has seizures and she has not had one for months now, so I am thankful for that.

My car is running well. I have my father to thank for that, and I do. I don't have to ride the bus or pay someone to take me to the doctor's office or the grocery store. Riding the bus makes me very nervous. I am always afraid I will get on the wrong bus or get lost somewhere.

I don't get much money from disability but it is enough to pay for a place to live, groceries, and cable with internet. I am grateful for my computer. It provides me with most of the social interaction I get since my bad back prevents me from going places. Perhaps those injections like they did in my neck will work for my lower back and I will be able to go to the farmer's market or perhaps downtown to just walk around. That will be nice.

I am thankful just to be here. Although I am often depressed and anxious and obsessing about one thing or another, I try my best to find something good in every day. Something good to keep me here.

And that is what I am thankful for this Thursday. What are you thankful for?


No comments:

Post a Comment