Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Good News / Bad News



For the last two days I have been a nervous mess.

Today I had a little surgical procedure on my neck. You see, in addition to the MDD  (Major Depressive Disorder) and anxiety, I am blessed with horrible neck and back pain. So today the doctor injected numbing agents into both sides of my neck. The good news is that it did provide some relief. I have a much better range of motion without pain. From here we will go on to inject different material into my neck to provide longer periods of relief.

I was petrified to have it done but I am thrilled with the result. It really just kinda pinched hard as she was doing it because they had given me a topical numbing agent at the site. I was exhausted from the worry and the calmative (benadryl) that they gave me before the procedure so I took a nap when I got home. When I awoke there was no pain in my neck. And I have been sitting at the computer for a few hours now and still no stabbing pains. So far so good. And if it works for my neck, perhaps we can find a similar solution for my lower back.

Bad news is - I have no cigarettes. I know it is an awful habit and that I should quit. This lack of cigs is due to lack of money because I had stupid medical expenses this month that hadn't been planned on. But I will have some by the weekend, so that is some consolation. I just have to tough it out. Oh, and no caffeine, either. Oh, well.

I have spent a lot of time reading all kinds of articles about how to have a better blog. I have shared some of them with you. There is all kinds of information out there for the taking. Hopefully my blog will be getting better and you will continue to like what I write.

Thank you for your time.


No comments:

Post a Comment