Monday, April 7, 2014

Thank You Max



I have something to add to the list of things never to do again. Yay.

A few days ago I decided it was a good time to have a clear out and get rid of some paper clutter. I was shredding mail that had personal information on it. 'Cause that's what you are supposed to do. (Like anyone would want my life.) Also, it is way fun to use the shredder. I have a small one that fits over its own little trash can.

I was sorting and shredding in the living room floor, where there is the most room. Eventually my back started hurting and I called it quits. But I left the shredder set-up in the living room  I didn't empty the receptacle so it was almost full of tiny skinny rectangles of paper.

Today I had to leave the house for a short while. I came home to a paper snowstorm.

I have a 14 year old black cocker spaniel, Max, and a 7 year old cat, Pinky. While I was gone one of them had knocked over the shredder. That may very well have been an unfortunate accident. This place is not very big at all. The shredder is top heavy and one of them could have bumped it just walking around. But it looked as someone had played in it. Little bits of paper were everywhere. It looked like someone had had a ticker tape parade in my living room!

Well, I'm sure they didn't mean to and like others messes my pets make, it will clean up. And I learned a lesson about leaving the shredder full. Sometimes if I didn't laugh I would cry.


No comments:

Post a Comment